Join EcoVadis during Climate Week, NYC for this Webinar on Carbon Emissions and the Role of Procurement in Climate Action
Stakeholder demands for action on climate change are peaking in every industry. CEOs are committing to Science Based Targets, UN-Global-compact, and much more. Companies cannot achieve the committed targets without including their value chains in reduction action. The current practice of using predictive models based on product and commodity databases can give companies a broad view for estimating scope 3 emissions, but the next leap forward faces obstacles: Baselining and driving improvement requires measuring actual emissions over time, and engaging suppliers in focused improvements. New insights from papers on Carbon Reporting in the Supply Chain, as well as from the 2020 Business Sustainability and Performance Index show a massive shortfall in supplier maturity / readiness (especially with SMEs) for reporting on carbon.
A new phase of Scope 3 carbon strategy is needed!
Hear and get inspired about the key steps in a carbon action plan for the supply chain, including:
- The scope of the opportunity, and the challenge faced with SME suppliers
- Three key phases of a carbon reduction journey for the supply chain :
- Leveraging ratings to estimate and triage partner engagement planning based on maturity
- Build capacity for measurement, reporting and benchmarking of actual emissions
- And, ultimately, collaborate to drive improvements
- Inspiration: Hear a special announcement about a new solution for procurement and sustainability teams to collaborate with suppliers on “Scope 3” emissions reduction, to bridge the gap between predictive models and planet-saving action!